Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for an SSL Certificate from WEBYSSL.com
cPanel and WHM (WebHosting Manager)
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site.
When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to
WEBYSSL.com in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate.
It is rare that cPanel customers will have direct access to
generate their own CSRs and install SSL certificates. If you are a hosting
customer and you use cPanel, first check with your hosting provider how you
would go about requesting a CSR
WHM (Web Hosting Manager)
WebHost Manager is the control center of the CPanel / WebHost
Manager package. It is used to set up and manage accounts. Use WHM to generate
your CSR and install your issued certificate.
To generate an SSL certificate:
- Click on the Generate an SSL certificate and Signing
Request link in the SSL/TLS menu.
- Enter the email address to send the certificate to in the
Email Address the Cert will be sent to field.
- Enter the domain that the domain is being created for in
the Host to make cert for field.
Note: if you enter domain.com then this will
generate a CSR for https://domain.com, if you
want to use https://www.domain.com then
you must enter www.domain.com in this
- Enter the administration details of the certificate.
- Country - enter the country code (for a list of country codes see the list)
- State - enter the State the company is based in
- City - enter the city the company is based in
- Company Name - enter the company name
- Company Division - enter the company name the website the certificate is for ie. if it is the Head Quarters you could enter HQ
- Email - enter the contact email address you would like visible in the certificate, it may not get seen but if some one questions the security it gives them an address to contact
- Password - enter the password for the certificate in the Password field.
- Click Create, the CSR will be generated and you may copy it
off the screen it will also be sent to the Email address you just entered.
- You will get two emails sent to you one is the CSR which is
required to generate the certificate thats the bit you need to give us in your order. The other is the RSA KEY file which is
the key file on the server keep both email as both are important. You will need the information contained in the RSA key to install the Certificate later