Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for an SSL Certificate from WEBYSSL.com
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site.
When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to
WEBYSSL.com in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate. These
instructions apply for both Ensim Pro and Ensim 3.x.
- Click SSL Settings - access to this link may differ
depending on your version of Ensim:
If you are running Ensim Pro. In the shortcuts section of the Home page, click SSL Settings in the Web Server section:
Or if you are running Ensim 3.x, click the Services link on the left, then click the Edit button for the Apache Web Server service:
Then in the Apache Web Server Manager click the SSL Settings link:
- At the bottom of the SSL Settings form, click Generate.
The Generate SSL Certificate form opens.
- In the 2-Letter Country Code field, enter the international abbreviation for the country in which your business resides.
- In the State/Province field, enter the complete name of the state or province in which your business resides. Do not abbreviate; spell out the entire name.
- In the City field, enter the complete name of the city in which your business resides.
- In the Company field, enter the name of your business.
- In the Organization field, enter the type of industry in which your company does business.
- In the Common Name field, enter the domain name of your business (without the www prefix).
- In the Email field, enter the email address of the person who will receive the SSL certificate.
- Click Save.
- The SSL window displays a new certificate request in encrypted form.
- Copy the encrypted request onto your local system clipboard. Make sure you include all the data, e.g. -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE
REQUEST----- encoded data -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
- Go to https://www.webyssl.com/ and select your SSL
certificate type. At the relevant point in the enrollment you will be asked
for you CSR. Copy this from your local system clipboard and into the box