Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for an SSL Certificate from WEBYSSL.com
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site. When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to WEBYSSL.com in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate.
These instructions have been adapted from the HSPHERE user manuals available at www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/.
- Select Domain info in the Domain Settings menu.
- Click the Edit icon in the Web Service field.
- Enable SSL for the domain in the list.
- Agree to charges, if any.
- Click the link at the top of the form that appears.
- On the page that appears, confirm your details by clicking the Submit button:
These data will be used to generate the certificate. Don't make changes to the data if you are not sure about the purpose of these changes.
- Follow instructions that appear at the top of the next page.
- SSL Certificate Signing Request (your CSR). It includes the details that you submitted on the previous step.
- SSL Server Private Key. This is the secret key to decrypt messages from your visitors. It must be stored in a secure place where it is inaccessible to others. Don't lose this key, you will need it if you get a permanent certificate.
- Temporary SSL Certificate. It validates your identity and confirms the public key to assure the visitors that they are communicating with your server, not any other party.
- Copy the signing request and private key for later use.
- Click Submit Query.
- Go to https://www.webyssl.com/ and choose to get a new SSL certificate. When requested, enter the CSR that you have saved.