Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for an SSL Certificate from WEBYSSL.com
Plesk Server Administrator - PSA
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site.
When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to
WEBYSSL.com in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate.
Access the domain management function by clicking on the
Domains button at the top of the PSA interface. The Domain List page
- Click the domain name that you want to secure with SSL. The
Domain Administration page then appears.
- If you have an IP based hosting account with SSL support,
the Certificate button will be enabled. If you have a name based hosting
account the Certificate button will be greyed out. You must have an IP based
hosting account to continue.
- Click the Certificate button. The SSL certificate setup page appears.
- The Certificate Information: section lists asks for a number of fields to be completed to generate your CSR.
- The Bits selection allows you to choose the level of encryption of your SSL certificate. Select the appropriate number from the drop down box next to Bits:.
- Enter your details into the State or Province, Locality, Organization Name and Organization Unit Name (optional) fields.
- Enter your domain name into the Domain Name: field.
- The domain name is a required field. This will be the only domain name that can be used to access the Control Panel without receiving a certificate warning in the browser. The expected format is www.domainname.com or domainname.com.
- Click on the Request button displayed to the right of your details.
- Plesk will now email your CSR to the email address provided when you signed up. You will see that the email contains two sections - the RSA Private Key and the Certificate Signing Request. Do not lose your RSA Private Key, you will need this later.
- Copy and paste the Certificate Request emailed to you into the https://www.webyssl.com/ enrollment form where it requests a CSR (Certificate Signing Request).
- Click Up Level to return to the Domain Administration page.