cPanel / WHM Web Hosting Manager
Installing your SSL Certificate / Web Server Certificate / Secure Server Certificate from WEBYSSL.com
It is rare that cPanel customers will have direct access to
install SSL certificates. If you are a hosting customer and you use cPanel,
check with your hosting provider how you would go about installing a CSR
WHM (Web Hosting Manager)
WebHost Manager is the control center of the CPanel / WebHost Manager package. It is used to set up and manage accounts. Use WHM to install your issued certificate.
Once you have generated or received an SSL certificate (refer to Generating an SSL certificate for more information), you can install the certificate using WebHost Manager. You need both the certificate and key files to install the certificate.
Your certificate will be sent to you by email. The email message includes the web server certificate that you purchased in the body of the email message.
Copy the certificate from the body of the email and paste it into a text editor (such as notepad) to create text files. Name this file yourdomain.txt and save it in a convenient place.
To install an SSL certificate:
- Click on the "Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain link" in the SSL/TLS menu.
- Enter the domain that the certificate is issued for, the user name
for the users account, and Dedicated IP address assigned for the certificate in the Domain, User, and IP Address fields.
- Click on the button to paste the .key and the existing .crt files for the domain into the available display spaces, if they are currently on your server. Otherwise, copy and paste the .key and .crt
files into the available display areas.
- The .crt file is the Certificate that was emailed to you from Rapidssl.com and starts with
- The .key file is the second file that was emailed to you from the server and is knows as the RSA file it starts with
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
- Note: If you generated the certificate using WebHost Manager, the RSA key file will be available on the server.
- Replace the existing .crt file if it was successfully retrieved on the server with certificate emailed by Rapidssl.com.
- Click on the button to install the new certificate.
- The last section for the "ca bundle" is not required as this is a single certificate install.